The snow has brought the stillness and the quiet. I have needed the quiet. The Lord knew I needed to literally be shut inside. What a good, and great Father He is to His children.
It's falling outside in sheets that distort the images of yesterday. The white flakes continue to pile on our porch, making the barrier grow and your feet sink deeper.
Karis sits as the window dazzled by the Winter Wonderland just waiting beyond the glass sliding door. It makes her frisky yet makes me lazy. When her paws sink in the snowy depths she becomes a springboard of excitement and play.
I think I could sit here and watch it continue to fall from the sky all day. It is enchanting, mesmerizing, and amazing to see the earth beckon at our God's hand. The stillness and the quiet reminds me of His greatness and of my great need for Him. The inches deep of soft, beautiful snow remind me of His beauty. How beautiful and how powerful You are O God.
I know these are not new observations, but how refreshing they are to someone who has lost sight, lost heart, of the only God Who saves.Psalm 33 reminds me how it is not the king's army, or the warrior's strength, or the war horse's ability which bring salvation. And Ephesians 3:12 reminds me that it's not by my sense of self esteem (or lack there of) that gives me boldness and access to draw near to Him with confidence. It is Jesus Christ.
Thank You, Lord, for the snow, and for the quiet stillness it brings. Thank You for being my hiding place, my rock and my fortress.
No comments:
Post a Comment