"Behold I'm making all things new." (Revelation)
I want to love so much more boldly. I want my Love to prove so much more than a word. I want my love to prove honor, respect, and trust. My love has been lacking vitality. My love has been lacking in zeal. My love has been lacking in urgency. My love has been lacking change.
Why do I allow myself, my love, to remain the same? My faith in love has grown slim so faith in Loves ability to change has almost diminished.
Today, I dwelt on the Love that created love, authored love, and loved more obediently than I can ever understand. Everything comes back to the Lover who bled and died. If I do not spend time being loved by Him how can I know how great His love is, and thus, love, and want to love, Him back? If I do not know how to embrace His love, can I truly receive others' love? If I am not loving Him, am I truly loving others?
Marriage really makes you evaluate love. Why? Because it's the picture Love chose to incarnate His message, His Gospel, His love. How much more should that make me want to love my husband according to Love's design?! Why has this not been important? Why have I not been loving for Love's sake?!
Forgive my love for it's unloveliness and please, create in me another, new heart that proves true Love.
No comments:
Post a Comment