26 February 2010

Things You Learn from a 5th Grader

How blessed I am to be a teacher. I truly do think that, though, this is a trying job you where you can't just "leave at work," it definately comes with its irreplaceble perks.

Below are things that I have "learned" from my classes:

1. Apparently, students saying, "Rats" after a mistake can be confused by other students as noticing a furry rodent! Result: a shriek and possibly a jump onto a chair.

2. Kermit the Frog's name orginated from the Middle Age's hermits. Result: research to prove that this is NOT the case.

3. Aesop's last name is Fables. Result: Review of lesson on possessive case apostrophes.


5. "Future," in terms of an upcoming field trip, translates to "tomorrow." Result: Student comes ready to go and is confused when we never get on the bus...

6.When you scrape you nose from sledding into a tree it hurts as bad as getting chased by a cheetah. Result: laugh on the inside.


Now, in the profound words of Porky the Pig, "That's all folks!"

1 comment:

  1. So funny Jessi. I'm sure there will be many more fun things you will "learn" from your students.

    ReplyDelete